All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe Queens' Encounter is the first scholarly work to examine the anachronistic meeting between Mary Stuart and Elizabeth Tudor in a coherent, international manner. First showing the encounter in the exchange of correspondence between the two queens, Paulson follows the development of an implied anachronism in seventeenth-century France and Spain to the actual depiction of the fictitious interview sequence in Diamante's La reina Maria Estuarda; the work then shows the -improvement- in the anachronism in the hands of such varied authors as Boursault, Schiller and Donizetti. The epilogue shows some post-Schillerian variations on the theme, to include works by Maxwell Anderson, Lebrun and others.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication31/12/1998
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight390 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.