All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs her freshman classmates move into dorms at Cornell University, Olivia Somerset suffers a nervous breakdown. Big sister Miranda decides the sisters should fly off to Barcelona for some vacation therapy . When a mistake at their Barcelona hostel leaves the Somersets in a large co-ed dorm room, Olivia and Miranda are saved by kindly Mr. Brown and his son Greg. But while Olivia feels an instant connection with brooding Greg Brown, Miranda sides with fellow guest and cocky American travel writer Lenny: The Browns are just plain weird, and must be avoided at all costs. Inspired by E M Forster's classic vel A Room with a View , debut author Hannah Sternberg's Queens of All the Earth is a poetic journey of young love and self-awakening set against the beauty of Catalonia. Adults and teenagers alike will be riveted and moved by this literary coming-of-age vel about the conflicting hearts and minds of two very different sisters.
- Author BiographyHannah Sternberg has had extensive experience writing both fiction and nonfiction. In 2009, she received a B.A. in Film and Media Studies and Writing Seminars from Johns Hopkins University, which she attended on a full scholarship. She's been published in the Hopkins student literary magazine, the student newspaper, and the JHU Film Society's annual journal. She had an article published in The Weekly Standard magazine, and several of her articles on film adaptations of books have appeared in The Historical Novels Review. Before college, she won honourable mention in a national playwriting contest. Born in Baltimore and raised between there, Rutland, VT, and Lancaster, PA, Hannah currently lives and works in Washington, D.C. Queens of all the Earth, written when Hannah was only 19, is her first published novel.
- Author(s)Hannah Sternberg
- PublisherBancroft Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBancroft Press
- Weight242 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.