All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe past decade has witnessed a proliferation of writings on queer theories and practices. Drawing together established and emerging scholars in the field, this volume offers a broad, transdisciplinary and international approach to queer studies. In the light of recent critical perspectives, it proposes a number of theoretical developments concerning three key thematic fields: theories, bodies and texts. The first section of the volume considers the embodied, sexed and gendered self and its problematic relation with queer theories, animal studies as well as with the representation of n-human and intersex identities. The second section explores a variety of modes of representation, and/or misrepresentation, of queer embodied subjectivities, ranging from literature to media and performance. In analysing a variety of classic and contemporary texts, the contributors call into question and reconceptualise key issues such as queer subjectivity, homophobia, gender performativity, masquerade and cross-dressing.
- PublisherMimesis International
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMI
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintMimesis Edizioni
- Edited bySilvia Antosa
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.