All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA forgotten yet award-winning playwright, Cal Yeomans was one of the founders of gay theater whose work was fueled by gay liberation and extinguished by the AIDS epidemic. Schanke's examination of his life and legacy allows a rare exploration into this pivotal moment of gay American history between the Stonewall riots and the AIDS epidemic.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Schanke is Professor Emeritus of Theatre at Central College, USA. His Shattered Applause: The Lives of Eva Le Gallienne was a finalist for both the Lambda Literary Award and the Barnard Hewitt Award for theatre research, and his That Furious Lesbian : The Story of Mercedes de Acosta won the ForeWord magazine Book of the Year award in the best gay and lesbian nonfiction category. He co-edited Passing Performances: Queer Readings of Leading Players in American Theater History, Staging Desire: Queer Readings of American Theater History , and The Gay and Lesbian Theatrical Legacy . He is a Fellow of the Mid-America Theatre Conference. In 2003 he was elected into the National Theatre Conference, and in 2005 he was elected into membership of the College of Fellows of the American Theatre. He received the 2013 Career Achievement in Educational Theatre Award from the Association for Theatre in Higher Education.
- Author(s)Robert A. Schanke
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight339 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.