All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionQueer Theory is one of the most contested and intellectually complex movements in contemporary sexual politics. Where did it come from, and what does it do? Is queer theory only for queers? If you have ever wanted to be a leather daddy, been puzzled by performativity, tried to measure bisexuality, or wondered whether Diana, Princess of Wales could be a gay icon, Queer Theory is required reading. This vibrant anthology of groundbreaking work by influential scholars, activists, performers, and visual artists is essential for anyone with an interest in sexuality studies or gender activism. The fifteen articles - including two specially commissioned contributions, as well as an engaging introduction - map, contextualise, and challenge queer theory's project both within and beyond the academy. Helpful critical summaries that link the selections, and suggestions for further reading, make this volume perfect for anyone approaching queer theory for the first time.
- Author BiographyIAIN MORLAND is Lecturer in Cultural Criticism at Cardiff University. ANNABELLE WILLOX is an independent scholar and has taught at Cardiff and Glamorgan Universities.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication19/11/2004
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleReaders in Cultural Criticism S.
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight359 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAnnabelle Willox,Iain Morland
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.