All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the groundbreaking drama Queer as Folk was first broadcast on Channel 4 in 1999, it was both hailed and reviled for its realistic depiction of gay lives. Davis examines its conception and production, alongside the political and social context in which it was recieved and the concerns addressed throughout the series.
- Author BiographyGLYN DAVIS is Senior Lecturer in Screen Studies at the University of Bristol. He is the editor (with Kay Dickinson) of 'Teen TV: Genre, Consumption, Identity' (BFI 2004). His book 'Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story' will be published in 2008.
- Author(s)Glyn Davis
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBFI TV Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notebiography
- Weight249 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.