All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe chapters of this book provide an excellent snapshot of current research and development activities in the area of query processing and optimization. They supply potential answers to many questions that have been raised for new types of database systems and at the same time reflect the variety of the different approaches taken. The book acts both as a reference for the state of the art in query processing for the next generation of database systems, and as a good starting point for anybody interested in understanding the challenging questions in the area. Furthermore, the book will help the reader to gain an in-depth understanding of why efficient query processing is needed for future database systems.
- Author BiographyGottfried Vossen is Professor of Computer Science and a Director of the Institur fur Wirtschaftsinformatik, Universitat Munster (Department of Information Systems, University of Muenster, Germany). His research in the area of object-based database systems has dealt primarily with models for data and objects, database languages, transaction processing, integration with scientific applications, XML and its applications, and workflow management.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication14/09/1993
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight990 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDavid Maier,Gottfried Vossen,Johann Christoph Freytag
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.