All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHistorical intrigue for children 9-12, printed in large print. set in a Scottish fishing village in the days of Bonnie Prince Charlie. Jeannie Main will make a king, and break a king, come four times into the shadow of the gibbet, and risk her life by riding the Kelpie, the fearsome water monster. That's what wee Jeannie is told during the 1745 Rising, as Prince Charles Edward Stewart makes his desperate attempt to win back his grandfather's crown from the Haverian King George. Ach, blethers! But Jeannie's prophecy comes terrifyingly true. She must make bitter choices, where either way could bring death or ruin for herself or those around her, and then face the consequences of those decisions. This is t a comfortable, cosy story. 12-year-old Jeannie is sweet little angel, but a tough, hardy little fisher quean. But she faces life with a lively humour, honesty, courage, and immense loyalty to her family and friends, which make her instantly likeable.
- Author(s)Frances Mary Hendry
- PublisherPollinger in Print
- Date of Publication10/01/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPollinger in Print
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementLarge Print edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.