All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book revisits current techcentric educational reform policy and examines the meaning of educational reform within the context of a techlogical society and globalized market ecomy. Having colonized the politics of educational reform, techcentrism has narrowed the social space of educational reform discourse by invalidating alternative social visions germane to the tradition of social justice and the development of a civic society. This book interrogates current techcentric discourse through the voices of educators who engage in the practice of questioning techlogy and raises significant issues regarding the dominance of a techlogy-based reform agenda, tech-utopianism as a dominant social vision, and the positioning of teachers within school cultures reconfigured by control techlogies and performity. Educators need to create a deliberative approach to techlogy adoption, for only by assuming a more questioning stance toward the adoption of techlogical invations can we hope to avoid techlogical determinism and take responsibility for the consequences of our inventions.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Karen A. Ferneding is Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Through her research she examines the role of teachers and the political and sociocultural context of education, specifically the dynamics of globalization, electronic technologies, media, and youth culture.
- Author(s)Karen A. Ferneding
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number159
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date13/12/2011
- Content Note4 tables
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.