All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do we preach in a way that affirms Christian theology while also horing the insights of other faith traditions? How do we preach about and help create genuine Christian community in a social networking culture? Questions Preachers Ask examines many questions that are on the minds of preachers today, questions that focus on how to preach the gospel in a culture where biblical kwledge cant be presumed and where the Bible is often viewed as untrustworthy. Well-kwn preachers, scholars, and authors, including Barbara Brown Taylor, Gail O'Day, Anna Carter Florence, Richard Lischer, Cleo LaRue, and Thomas Lynch, provide the answers. This book, compiled to hor writer, preacher, teacher, and scholar Thomas G. Long at the end of his teaching career, addresses practical questions such as How do we proclaim the good news to young adults who are on the margins of church or have left it? and How do we preach to faith communities that are highly diverse? Perfect for preachers at any stage of their ministry, these essays offer hope and guidance for handling the difficult task of preaching in today's congregations.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byLeonora Tubbs Tisdale,Scott Black Johnston,Ted A. Smith
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.