All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
About this product
- DescriptionQuetzalcoatl was written during Lawrence's first stay in Mexico, in May and June 1923, and registers his initial responses to those aspects of Mexican landscape, religion, politics and culture which would fascinate him over the following two years. On leaving Mexico in July 1923, he described Quetzalcoatl as 'nearly finished', intending to revise it later, but in the event actually rewrote it almost completely, and it was published as The Plumed Serpent in 1926. This is the first scholarly edition of the original manuscripts and typescripts of Quetzalcoatl, and includes a record of all revisions Lawrence made in the course of writing it, detailed explanatory tes and an introduction outlining its compositional history. With the publication of this volume, all Lawrence's vels, in their first, intermediate and final versions, are w available in the Cambridge edition.
- Author BiographyN. H. Reeve is Professor of English at Swansea University.
- Author(s)D. H. Lawrence
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/05/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe Cambridge Edition of the Works of D. H. Lawrence
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byN. H. Reeve
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.