All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQueueing theory applications can be discovered in many walks of life including; transportation, manufacturing, telecommunications, computer systems and more. However, the most prevalent applications of queueing theory are in the telecommunications field. Queueing Theory for Telecommunications: Discrete Time Modelling of a Single Node System focuses on discrete time modeling and illustrates that most queueing systems encountered in real life can be set up as a Markov chain. This feature is very unique because the models are set in such a way that matrix-analytic methods are used to analyze them. Queueing Theory for Telecommunications: Discrete Time Modelling of a Single Node System is the most relevant book available on queueing models designed for applications to telecommunications. This book presents clear concise theories behind how to model and analyze key single de queues in discrete time using special tools that were presented in the second chapter. The text also delves into the types of single de queues that are very frequently encountered in telecommunication systems modeling, and provides simple methods for analyzing them. Where appropriate, alternative analysis methods are also presented. This book is for advanced-level students and researchers concentrating on engineering, computer science and mathematics as a secondary text or reference book. Professionals who work in the related industries of telecommunications, industrial engineering and communications engineering will find this book useful as well.
- Author BiographyAttahiru S. Alfa is a professor and NSERC Industrial Research of Teletraffic in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Manitoba. He obtained his BEng from Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria, MSc from the University of Manitoba, Canada, and PhD from the University of New South Wales, Australia. One of his main teaching and research interests is in the area of discrete time queues with applications to telecommunication systems as well as manufacturing and transportation systems. Over the years he has made a number of significant contributions in the area of matrix-analytic methods .
- Author(s)Attahiru Sule Alfa
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1180 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.