All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQueueing theory applications can be discovered in many walks of life including; transportation, manufacturing, telecommunications, computer systems and more. However, the most prevalent applications of queueing theory are in the telecommunications field. Queueing Theory for Telecommunications: Discrete Time Modelling of a Single Node System focuses on discrete time modeling and illustrates that most queueing systems encountered in real life can be set up as a Markov chain. This feature is very unique because the models are set in such a way that matrix-analytic methods are used to analyze them. Queueing Theory for Telecommunications: Discrete Time Modelling of a Single Node System is the most relevant book available on queueing models designed for applications to telecommunications. This book presents clear concise theories behind how to model and analyze key single de queues in discrete time using special tools that were presented in the second chapter. The text also delves into the types of single de queues that are very frequently encountered in telecommunication systems modeling, and provides simple methods for analyzing them. Where appropriate, alternative analysis methods are also presented. This book is for advanced-level students and researchers concentrating on engineering, computer science and mathematics as a secondary text or reference book. Professionals who work in the related industries of telecommunications, industrial engineering and communications engineering will find this book useful as well.
- Author BiographyAttahiru S. Alfa is a professor and NSERC Industrial Research of Teletraffic in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Manitoba. He obtained his BEng from Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria, MSc from the University of Manitoba, Canada, and PhD from the University of New South Wales, Australia. One of his main teaching and research interests is in the area of discrete time queues with applications to telecommunication systems as well as manufacturing and transportation systems. Over the years he has made a number of significant contributions in the area of matrix-analytic methods .
- Author(s)Attahiru Sule Alfa
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/10/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight391 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.