All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraveling to Colombia to live there or study Spanish? Or maybe you are a native Colombian wanting to better connect with your roots, heritage and culture? This book is for you. This dictionary-style book of words and phrases helps you better understand Colombian Spanish and slang. The collection of more than 450 terms and sayings will help you become familiar with the richness of the country's Spanish. It includes slang and vulgar words that you will likely run across in everyday conversations. Each term has been defined in English and synyms are included when available. There are also more than 450 example sentences demonstrating how to use the words. It includes 36 black and white illustrations. Words like parce, verraco, pelao and chi will longer be amystery. You will be on your way to Colombian Spanish fluency with this phrasebook of Spanish vocabulary words from Colombia. IS THIS BOOK FOR ME? This book contains words that are t appropriate for kids. If you are just starting to learn Spanish, this book is best used as a complementary reference source to any program or class designed to teach you Spanish. This book and the other books of the Speaking Lati series are t designed as stand-alone learning aids, to teach you Spanish. Instead, they expand your country-specific Spanish vocabulary. If you already speak Spanish, this book help you understand local Spanish from Colombia. Be sure to use the Amazon Look Inside function to see what this book will and will t teach.
- Author BiographyABOUT JARED ROMEY, AUTHOR OF THE QUICK GUIDE TO COLOMBIAN SPANISH: Suffering a typical 9 to 5 existence, Jared's foray into lunch-hour Spanish shook up his mundane life. He quit his job, stopped by briefly to school, and then left his country...for 14 years. Early stumblings in real-world Spanish taught him that a cola isn't just a soft drink, bicho doesn't always mean a bug, and boludo may be heartfelt or middle-finger felt. Nine countries, three business start-ups, two bestsellers and a Puerto Rican wife later, he is still confounded by how many Spanish words exist for panties. His quest is to discover all those words with his website http: //www.SpeakingLatino.com. In between, he meanders the Earth, dabbles in languages, drinks wine and sells shampoo.
- Author(s)Language Babel
- PublisherLanguage Babel
- Date of Publication08/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLanguage Babel
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.