All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Quick Reference Dictionary for Orthopedics by Dr. Antonia Chen is a portable, all-in-one, orthopedic resource for anyone who works with orthopedic patients. This pocket-size book focuses on commonly used orthopedic terms and definitions, with over 2,200 defined words -- including anatomic terms and medical root termilogy.
Quick Reference Dictionary for Orthopedics also includes 25 in-depth appendices on a variety of orthopedic related topics such as imaging modalities, medication references for analgesia, antibiotics, and anticoagulation. Additionally, orthopedic eponyms, acronyms, and abbreviations are defined and described in detail.
The anatomy of muscles, bones, and nerves, and vessels are described in detail, as well as the aspiration and injection of common joints. Quick Reference Dictionary for Orthopedics also covers common fracture classifications along with the appropriate splinting, bracing, or casting technique.
Quick Reference Dictionary for Orthopedics provides an important, at your fingertips guide for anyone who works with orthopedic patients, including orthopedic surgeons, residents, fellows, medical students, physical therapists, athletic trainers, occupational therapists, and nurse practitioners.
- Author BiographyAntonia F. Chen, MD, MBA received her bachelor of science degree from Yale University. She then received her medical degree from UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson, where she graduated with Distinction in Research and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Antonia also received her master of business administration degree from Rutgers Business School and graduated as a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society. She is currently an orthopedic resident at the University of Pittsburgh. In addition to clinical duties, her research interests are in arthroplasty and periprosthetic joint infections; she has delivered many podium presentations and posters on the national stage. Antonia has also received numerous awards during residency, including research awards and the Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award. She has served as a resident liaison for the membership committee in the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Antonia hopes to pursue a rewarding career as an academic arthroplasty surgeon.
- Author(s)Antonia Chen
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width107 mm
- Height108 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.