All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents fifteen original essays that move from structural and thematic subjects to matters of historical and cultural significance. Contributors to Quick Springs of Sense cover a remarkably wide variety of the literary interests and figures of England from the Augustan Age until midcentury including the periodical, Gulliver's Travels, Defoe, Fielding, the episodic vel as a genre, Smollett, Sterne, and the poetry of Swift and Pope. Its variety and liveliness aptly convey the vigor of the neoclassical age itself where there were many quick springs of sense.
- Author BiographyLarry S. Champion is a professor emeritus and former head of the English department at North Carolina State University. He is the author of numerous other books and editor of Quick Springs of Sense: Studies in the Eighteenth Century and Shakespeare's Tragic Perspective: _x001F_ The Development of His Dramatic Technique (both Georgia).
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byLarry S. Champion
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.