All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLori Osachy, MSS, LCSW has been successfully helping individuals of all ages overcome eating disorders for over twenty years. You can contact Lori for help at 904-737-3232, or through her website www.bodyimagecounseling.com. You can gain access to her complete recovery system at www.quickstartrecovery.com. In this concise and practical book, you will gain access to insider information from a national leader in eating disorders treatment on how to avoid common heartbreaking mistakes when seeking quality care for recovering from an eating disorder. Lori has created a clear roadmap that will quickly teach you how to recovery quickly and permanently from your eating disorder symptoms, even if they have plagued you for YEARS! You will also learn how to handle difficult situations that often arise when seeking help, including problems with insurance, doctors being uncooperative, and how to talk to well-meaning family members who say or do the wrong things that get in the way of your recovery. These situations are rarely heard about, but unfortunately, all too common. You CAN recover, and I guarantee that this book with help you avoid these costly emotional and financial mistakes the first time you try.
- Author BiographyLori Osachy, MSS, LCSW is clinical director of The Body Image Counseling Center of Jacksonville, Florida. A nationally recognized authority in the treatment and prevention of eating disorders, depression, anxiety, and related mental health issues, Lori has successfully counseled adults, children and families for over fifteen years. She regularly lectures and teaches and is the author of numerous articles promoting eating disorders education among health care professionals and the lay population. She has been featured in several national magazines and is a regular mental health consultant for print news and television. Lori is a graduate of Cornell University and received her Master's degree from Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research. She lives in Jacksonville, Florida where she is a psychotherapist and parent consultant in full-time private practice. Lori's goal is to be able to empower parents and families, providing them with the tools to be successful in overcoming obstacles and to raise happy, healthy kids. Her next project is completing the second book in the Quick Start Recovery series, which is geared towards helping individuals of all ages with eating disorders to quickly begin the process of recovery and experience relief from their symptoms-before they even walk into a therapist's office.
- Author(s)Mss Lcsw Osachy
- Date of Publication10/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.