All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw how to make a working engine from soda cans? You do w! The Quick and Easy Stirling Engine book will show you every detail you need to kw. There are difficult secrets and expensive parts to buy. With two soda cans and a few other materials you can build a running engine in just a few hours. The engine featured in this book was designed for use in educational settings. Consulting with several educators, this engine was designed so that it could be assembled with simple hand tools by most builders in about three hours. The parts list is simple and affordable. Simple hand tools are all that is required for assembling this engine. Once assembled, the engine will spin a flywheel when the bottom is heated and ice is placed on top. This is a hot air engine design, sometimes referred to as a Stirling Engine. The engine makes motion by exercising a temperature differential. The bottom half of the engine must be warmed to about 250 degrees F, and the top of the engine must be cooled with cold water or ice. When these conditions are present, the engine will spin between 100 and 200 rpm. The primary components of this engine are soda cans, copper wire, and an old CD. The adhesive that is used for construction is readily available at hardware stores. This engine is a fun project for students, home builders, hobbyists, and anyone who wants to learn how to make their own hot air engine from soda cans.
- Author BiographyJim R. Larsen is a big fan of the Stirling Cycle Engine, and the author of other great Stirling engine titles including, Three LTD Stirling Engines You Can Build Without a Machine Shop, and Eleven Stirling Engine Projects You Can Build. He has been designing and building model Stirling Engines for many years. Jim is a teacher, a trainer, author, and artist. He strives to make interesting and unique model engines that you can build yourself.
- Author(s)Jim R Larsen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight85 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.