All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.98
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.66
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $27.26
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.23
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.22
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the many authentic flavors of Japan, tsukemo, or pickled vegetables, has been a must for everyday meals and with tea. For most of the Japanese thing can replace enjoying plain hot rice with tsukemo, and dinner is t complete without it as the final course. Today most dishes are available at Japanese grocery stores or specialty supermarkets, but they often lack the seasonal quality and freshness of true tsukemo. The term tsukemo covers a wide range of dishes from a marinated salad to preserved foods. Traditional tsukemo such as takuan or umeboshi might seem difficult to prepare but Quick & Easy Tsukemo makes these and many more, easy with its simple step-by-step, full-color photo instructions. There are myriads of methods to make them, some as simple as just rubbing fruits and vegetables with salt just before serving, while other require several days to fully marinate. Packed with over 73 mouthwatering recipes for easily preserving fruits and vegetables, Quick & Easy Tsukemo is the perfect book for beginning cooks and seasoned foodies alike.
- Author BiographyIkuko Hisamatsu, born in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan, was inspired by her mother who used to cook conscientiously at home. She studied Western cooking in Europe before moving to Korea to learn traditional Korean cuisine. She is the author of several books including the successful Iwashi Book (Sardine Cookbook).
- Author(s)Ikuo Hisamatsu
- PublisherJapan Publications Trading Co
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintJapan Publications Trading Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width181 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.