CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIt is said that money makes the world go round. It is vital to almost any organisation or individual. Accounting for it is important and accountancy, in some form, is nearly as old as money itself. Accountancy is without doubt one of the leading professions. It represents a significant part of the ecomy and has international scope. In this very readable book, experienced accountant Mark Etchells takes you to the heart of this complex subject and makes it clear, without swamping you with detail. All of the basics are covered, from the background to accounts, the key elements of accounts and the ways in which they are used. It explains that accountancy in its various forms is the backbone of most types of organisation. Tax looms large whenever money is being dealt with. In a few pages, this book explains the key ways in which the taxation process works. Quicklook at Accountancy explains the structure of the profession, the fascinating range of different work undertaken by accountants, the different types of accountant and how they train. Accountants work in many different types of business. They perform important functions in government and the public sector. Firms of accountants range from the very small to the Big four firms which span the globe. The book looks at how they operate. The world of accountancy is changing fast. We take a peek into the future.
- Author BiographyMark Etchells is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales. He qualified with Price Waterhouse, one of the giants of the accounting world and worked for them for eight years, primarily dealing with audit work. Upon leaving Price Waterhouse, Mark worked for a number of businesses in very different fields. This gave him very wide experience in subsidiaries of larger concerns, new businesses, small businesses and large ones operating internationally. The companies he worked for varied from manufacturing companies to service sector businesses. This gave him significant experience of dealing with practical problems relevant to each business sector and to the commercial success of businesses in general. He also dealt with strategy and analysis of business performance.
- Author(s)Mark Etchells
- PublisherQuicklook Books Limited
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleQuicklook Books
- Place of PublicationGrittleton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuicklook Books Limited
- Weight145 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.