All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionI have been much absorbed in David Cope's poetry as necessary continuation of tradition of lucid grounded sane objectivism in poetry following the visually solid practice of Charles Reznikoff & William Carlos Williams. Though the tions of 'objectivism' were common for many decades among U. S. poets, there is t a great body of direct-sighted close to the se examples of poems that hit a certain ideal objectivist mark- No ideas but in things consisting of minute particulars in which the natural object is always the adequate symbol , works of language wherein the mind is clamped down on objects , and where these Things are symbols of themselves. The poets I named above specialized in this refined experiment, and Pound touched on the subject as did Zukofsky and Bunting, and lesser but inter- esting figures such as Marsden Hartley in his little kwn poetry , and more romantic writers such as D. H. Lawrence. In this area of phapoeiac focus, the sketching of particulars by which a motif is recognizably significant, David Cope has made, by the beginning of his third decade, the largest body of such work that I kw of among poets of his own generation. Allen Ginsberg Table of Contents Foreword, Allen Ginsberg...v THE STARS The Line-up...2 ...Empty Street ...3 The River...4 Down on the Farm ...5 The Storm...6 American Dream...7 ...Baseball...8 ...Crash...9 . Lunch Hour...9 ...Winter Camp...10 ...A Circle of Lights ...12 ...GO Labor Day ...14 ...Peace...15 ...
- Author(s)David Cope
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication14/03/1983
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleVox Humana
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight127 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.