All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sturm-und-drang quality of educational reforms in the United States and England has prompted educators to ask how curriculum changes will affect teaching and learning. Central government in England and state agencies in the United States increasingly control curriculum development by writing the standards, monitoring teaching, and assessing standards' impact on students' achievements. But how does increasing government regulation of education impact teachers' professionalism and morale? In arguing that teachers need to retain significant control over what and how they teach, Quiet Wisdom addresses this question for elementary- and secondary-level English teaching. Quiet Wisdom should be read by every preservice and inservice English teacher in graduate-level teacher education courses. This book is also written for a wider audience of administrators, curriculum planners and policy makers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John S. Lofty, originally from England, is a former middle- and secondary-level English teacher. He received his doctorate in English and education from the University of Michigan and is the author of Time to Write: The Influence of Time and Culture on Learning to Write (1992). He is Professor of English and Coordinator for the English teaching major program at the University of New Hampshire, Durham.
- Author(s)John Sylvester Lofty
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleCounterpoints Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education
- Series Part/Volume Number269
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.