All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete quilting course for beginners, in 12 easy stages Have you ever thought about creating a patchwork quilt, but decided it would take too long or be too difficult? If so, Quilting Basics is the perfect introduction to this popular craft. Beginning with the 'Getting Started' section, quilting teacher Michael Caputo will show the tools and equipment, and demonstrate the sewing skills you will need, plus the basics of constructing your quilt. Section two is a series of 12 workshops, each introducing you to new skills, with a project at the end which enables you to practise what you have just learned - a great way to get to grips with the theory. As you progress through the workshops, you'll learn how to join pre-cut squares, sashing, piecing and paper piecing, using templates, and the different types of applique. All through the workshops there are helpful hints on choosing colours and patterns that will work together, and there are illustrations of variations on the basic blocks to show how those choices will affect the end result. With step-by-step text, accompanied by clear illustrations, you'll soon be making a table runner and cushion covers, before moving on to wall hangings, a cot quilt and a throw. The final project is a full-size bed quilt with elaborate stitching to really show off all your new skills. Michael Caputo is the perfect combination of teacher and designer, with the experience to explain all the techniques, and the artistry to design beautiful projects that will inspire you to get sewing.
- Author BiographyMichael Caputo was born in New York, USA, but now lives in east London, UK. He studied Advertising and Graphic Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, and became a designer of children's novelty books, first for HarperCollins and then at Penguin, where he was given the opportunity to design his own prize-winning pop-up books. He was introduced to quilting by his mother, a keen quilter, and has taught quilting at the Institute in Finchley, and now at Ray-Stitch in Essex Road, London. In addition to designing and making quilts for magazines, fabric manufacturers, friends, and family, he still designs and engineers pop-up books for children, and enjoys knitting, crochet, and cross-stitch as well.
- Author(s)Michael Caputo
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note80 colour photographs and 200 colour artworks
- Weight641 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.