All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a younger generation discovered sewing and traditional quilting, they yearned for a less restrictive way to express their creativity in fabric. By experimenting with the use of colour, asymmetrical blocks, fabric, and improvisational sewing techniques, their quilts took on a new aesthetic and the Modern Quilting movement was born. In Quilting with a Modern Slant, Rachel May shares the stories and work of 80 rewned modern quilters, as well as the techniques and patterns that serve as the foundation of the craft. With step-by-step tutorials to guide newer quilters, this book offers first-hand guidance on the quilting process and experience.
- Author BiographyRachel May is a founding member of the Boston Modern Quilt Guild and is currently a PhD candidate in English and cultural studies with a focus on quilts and narrative. She lives in Rhode Island.
- Author(s)Rachel May
- PublisherStorey Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNorth Adams
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStorey Publishing LLC
- Content Notefull colour photographs & illustrations throughout
- Weight757 g
- Width229 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.