All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout our country'shistory, quiltmakers have hored America's presidents in theirquiltmaking. Featuring more than 330 images with insightful explanations, this book looks at the presidential quilts and patriotic quilts that have been made by American quilters. From the presidencies of George Washington through Barack Obama, the quiltsalong with intriguing quilt-related comments from newspapers of the timeshelp us enjoy American history, and reflect on how quilt history has chosen to remember the US presidents. Also highlighted are 43 gorgeous newly-made quilts representing each of theUnited States presidents to date. Each measures twenty-four inches square, and is constructed in a pattern and fabric historically accurate to the leader's presidential term of office; their makers are quilt historians andenthusiasts affiliated with the American Quilt Study Group.
- Author BiographySue Reich began her love of quilting as a child at her grandmothers farmhouse in Northwestern Pennsylvania. Her interests expanded to historic documentation, appraising, lecturing and judging of quilts. As a nationally recognized author of six quilt history books, and the curator and keeper of focused quilt exhibits, Sue travels widely sharing her quilt research and knowledge.
- Author(s)Sue Reich
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1280 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.