All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionView 170 quilts that were in homes and collections in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, and learn about the county's role as a crossroads in our nation's history. Documented by members of the Letort Quilters Guild, specimens from the 1700s through 1970 are showcased in beautiful detail, inviting the reader to learn more about these treasures, w housed at the Cumberland County Historical Society. The curated collection highlights some of the features that make quilts of such lasting interest, and basic information about them provides an overview of quilting over the past several hundred years. It also serves as a reminder of the value of preserving this part of our heritage through simple practices such as labelling a quilt and storing it properly. It will inspire readers to take a new interest in quilts and leave them with basic skills for finding, appreciating, and caring for vintage quilts.
- Author BiographyLetort Quilters Cumberland County Project Committee members Martha L. Jones, Lin Keller, Elizabeth Kisielewski, Debra Lohman, Donna Lohman, Barb Myers, and Barbara Thrush are all quilters and members of the Letort Quilters Guild. They have a common commitment to sharing their love of quilts with others who may have yet to see the beauty our ancestors created through this art form.
- Author(s)Letort Quilters Documentation Project
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note483 colour & 10 b/w illus
- Weight1165 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.