All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionR is a powerful and free software system for data analysis and graphics, with over 5,000 add-on packages available. This book introduces R using SAS and SPSS terms with which you are already familiar. It demonstrates which of the add-on packages are most like SAS and SPSS and compares them to R's built-in functions. It steps through over 30 programs written in all three packages, comparing and contrasting the packages' differing approaches. The programs and practice datasets are available for download. The glossary defines over 50 R terms using SAS/SPSS jargon and again using R jargon. The table of contents and the index allow you to find equivalent R functions by looking up both SAS statements and SPSS commands. When finished, you will be able to import data, manage and transform it, create publication quality graphics, and perform basic statistical analyses. This new edition has updated programming, an expanded index, and even more statistical methods covered in over 25 new sections.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Muenchen is the manager of the Statistical Consulting Center at the University of Tennessee and has 28 years of experience as a consulting statistician. He has served on the advisory boards of SPSS Inc. and the Statistical Graphics Corporation.
- Author(s)Robert A. Muenchen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/07/2011
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Series TitleStatistics and Computing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1529 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.