All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the miniature garden grower, lack of space is t a problem. Who needs a large garden when a landscape can be created in a single pot, or an entire ecosystem in a glass terrarium? In fact, you don't need a garden or any kind of outdoor space at all! RHS Miniature Garden Grower shows you how to create tiny gardens that bring big rewards. The projects are divided into five styles. Each one starts with the basic principles behind that style of garden, and a few snippets of simple plant science back up the easy-to-follow practical advice. You don't need a lot of square footage to create beautiful green spaces. These teeny-tiny gardens take very little time to plant and are a great option for a rainy-day activity. Many have the added advantage of being instantly complete and mature, making them great gifts and inspiration for gardeners of all ages.
- Author BiographyHolly Farrell spent two years at RHS Gardens Wisley where she gained the Wisley Diploma in Practical Horticulture and the RHS Certificate and Diploma (both with Commendation), and where she won the Nicholson Prize for overall contribution to RHS Garden Wisley as a trainee. After working as Head Gardener on a private estate she now combines designing and improving gardens for private clients with her developing career as a garden writer for publications such as Kitchen Garden and the RHS magazine The Garden. Holly is the author of RHS Plants from Pips and Planting Plans for Your Kitchen Garden: How to Create a Vegetable, Herb and Fruit Garden in Easy Stages. She lives in Oxfordshire. The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), with 448,000 members, is the UK's largest gardening charity, dedicated to advancing horticulture and promoting good gardening. Its charitable work includes providing expert advice and information, training the next generation of gardeners and promoting the ecological, aesthetic and psychological benefits of gardening in an urban environment.
- Author(s)Holly Farrell
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Weight444 g
- Width162 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.