All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRHS Practical Latin for Gardeners is a unique guide to plant bimials based on the bestselling RHS Latin for Gardeners. It contains 1,500 of the most useful and most widespread Latin names, organized into thematic chapters including Colour, Size, Form and Habitat. Each chapter is further subdivided into smaller groups, such as large plants and small plants. This allows gardeners to make new connections and discoveries in a way standard alphabetical lists don't permit. 'Behind the Name' feature boxes further increase the book's practical value, and a wide range of botanical watercolours ensure that it is beautiful as well as functional. This book includes a definition and pronunciation guide for each word, as well as a 16-page alphabetical index, so that it can still be used as a conventional dictionary of Latin names. And its handy, pocket-sized format makes it the perfect gift.
- Author BiographyThe Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) is the UK's largest gardening charity, dedicated to advancing horticulture and promoting good gardening. Its charitable work includes providing expert advice and information, training the next generation of gardeners and promoting the ecological, aesthetic and psychological benefits of gardening in an urban environment. James Armitage is the Principal Botanist with the Royal Horticultural Society, where he has worked since 2002. Based in the Herbarium at RHS Garden Wisley, his work is focused on research into the identity and origins of garden plants. He is an acknowledged expert on the taxonomy and nomenclature of cultivated plants, and worked on several books, notably RHS Plant Finder and the most recent edition of The Hillier Manual of Trees and Shrubs. His general writing has been published widely in the gardening press, and in 2012 he was named the Garden Media Guild's Trade Journalist of the Year.
- Author(s)The Royal Horticultural Society
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width153 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.