All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRHS Vegetables for the Gourmet Gardener is an accessible guide to over 65 types of vegetable, from the obscure to the familiar. It discusses the origin, cultivation and preparation of each vegetable, along with intriguing insights into its history and uses. Practical growing tips, nutritional information and classic recipes are interspersed with feature spreads on topics such as heritage and heirloom vegetables, sowing techniques and specialist garden tools. Illustrated throughout with delicate botanical watercolours and engravings and presented in an attractive cloth-effect cover, this is a book for every gardener and cook to treasure.
- Author BiographySimon Akeroyd is a garden writer with a passion for both kitchen gardening and cooking. He contributes to numerous magazines including Grow Your Own (as the Allotment Gardener) and was also a garden and food writer for the BBC. His books include Shrubs and Small Trees, Lawns and Ground Cover, the Allotment Handbook, A Small Course in Veg and Fruit and (as co-author) Grow Your Own Fruit. He was previously a Garden Manager for the Royal Horticultural Society, and worked at both RHS Wisley and Harlow Carr. The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) is the UK's largest gardening charity, dedicated to advancing horticulture and promoting good gardening. Its charitable work includes providing expert advice and information, training the next generation of gardeners and promoting the ecological, aesthetic and psychological benefits of gardening in an urban environment. The RHS has 411,000 members.
- Author(s)Royal Horticultural Society,Simon Akeroyd
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight710 g
- Width174 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.