All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe RSC is one of the world's most famous theatre companies, which has been operating under its present name since 1961. This fascinating book, officially endorsed by, and produced in association with, the RSC, tells the story of William Shakespeare, from his birth in Stratford-upon-Avon and life as a married man, actor, playwright, poet and businessman to the enduring legacy of his work through various media. Memorabilia will include documents from the archives of the RSC and the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, such as the registrations of Shakespeare's marriage and his will, as well as potential sources of the plots for his plays.
- Author BiographyCatherine M S Alexander is a Fellow at the Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham, having previously lectured at the Shakespeare Centre in Stratford-Upon-Avon. She collaborates with the RSC's Educational Department and contributes to RSC theatre programmes. She is Former Chief Executive of the International Shakespeare Association, and a Trustee and Director of the English Association.
- Author(s)Catherine M. S. Alexander
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndre Deutsch Ltd
- Content Noteapprox. 200 colour & b&w photographs
- Weight857 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.