All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRabbi Abraham ibn Ezra, poet, philosopher, mathematician, was one of the outstanding personalities produced by medieval Jewry. His chief claim to fame, however, is his commentary on the Bible. The latter is printed in all major editions of the Hebrew Scriptures and influenced other luminaries such as Maimonides, Rabbi David Kimchi, Nahmanides, Ralbag, Abarvanel, and all serious students of the Hebrew Bible , for whom his works are essential. Ibn Ezra's commentary on the second Book of Psalms are w available in English for the first time, accompanied by a thorough antation. Students of Scripture at all levels will find this a valuable asset to their studies of Scripture and Jewish thought.
- Author BiographyH. Norman Strickman (Ph.D. Dropsie University) is a rabbi at Marine Park Jewish Center and a Professor of Judaic Studies at Touro College, New York.
- Author(s)Abraham Ibn Ezra
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleReference Library of Jewish Intellectual History
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byH. Norman Strickman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.