All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionFour ageing Braybrook boys make their annual pilgrimage to the Bluestone Hotel on the anniversary of the West Gate Bridge collapse. Even Dianne has scored an invite his time, but only because she has to drop her father home to Mt Macedon on her way back to the farm. It's a chance to share a beer and laugh about work pranks, bbled greyhounds and inflated sporting achievements, but today's remembering is more urgent than usual. It's last drinks at the Bluestone for one of them. As they journey individually to the pub, mythologies of Ted, family and mateship are fractured. The views from plane, train and taxi windows trigger memories of places that have disappeared from the western suburbs - Tracey Speedway, White City dog track, abattoirs and smoky factories. Dianne hopes she'll get a better idea of who her father really is. But as tumours eat away at Ted's short-term recall, is there a place in his memory where he can meet with his daughter to make peace...or is it already too late?
- Author(s)Tracey McGuire
- PublisherHit & Miss Productions
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHit & Miss Productions
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.