All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes racing bikes extra-fast? How do boats float? What makes an aircraft take off? Covering lots of different vehicles, including land vehicles such as bikes, cars and scooters, water vehicles such as large boats and speedboats, and airborne vehicles such as helicopters and aeroplanes, Race that Bike! takes a fun look at forces in vehicles. While learning about forces you will find that you also find out the answers to many questions that you have asked yourself about how vehicles work, and more. This Feel the Force series shows how forces and motion work in the world around us, in a set of high-interest situations. Each book includes three simple activities or investigations for readers to try. Overlays over large photos, plus diagrams, show how forces are acting in a given situation. Topics covered in the series include basic pushes, pulls and friction, air resistance, gravity, mass, weight and springs. Curriculum-related information on forces is delivered in a fun, high-interest way Overlays over large photos, plus diagrams, show how forces are acting in a given situation A quiz at the back consolidates learning
- Author BiographyAngela Royston has written many books for young people, including books about people at work, animals, health and the environment.
- Author(s)Angela Royston
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleInfosearch: Feel the Force
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.