All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRacewalk Like a Champion is the single best compilation of information on the technique, training, and history of race walking. It combines approximately 400 photographs with charts and diagrams to explain every detail of race walking. Never before has race walking been covered with such complete, aesthetically pleasing detail. Racewalk Like a Champion starts with a thorough explanation of how to select race walking shoes and warm up; then describes every aspect of race walking technique, judging, and training philosophy in extensive detail. Other chapters include stretching, racing, strength training, mental preparation, injury treatment, and nutrition. Racewalk Like a Champion also includes a comprehensive chapter on the history of American race walking. Race Walk Like a Champion assumes prior walking experience or kwledge. Whether you are a vice race walker or an elite competitor, Racewalk Like a Champion will provide all the information you need.
- Author BiographyJeff Salvage pursues his interest-photography, computer technology, and the outdoors-with a focus and intensity that can only be described as passionate. With race walking, this passion becomes an obsession. Whether he's flying across the country to support and document a National Team race, pacing a protege through a half-marathon, or serving up electrolytes through a rainy 50K, Salvage smiles through it all-typically with camera, cell phone, and computer notebook within reach. Having competed internationally and achieved one of his main goals-winning the Maccabiah Games-Salvage returned to his computer career upon graduating college in 1992. He balanced his information systems career-consulting, teaching and writing several college textbooks - while serving as Mid Atlantic Race Walking Chairman and Director of Race Walks at the Penn Relays, a position he still holds. In 1996 he became U.S. Junior National Race Walk Coordinator, coaching many top Juniors while running training camps for promising young athletes at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA. Meanwhile, Salvage spearheaded his sport's presence on the Internet with www.racewalk.com serving as the USATF race walking committee's official site for nearly a decade. Today this site remains a primary source of free information on race walking technique, training, club programs, and national competition. In 1996 Salvage coauthored Walk Like an Athlete, the basis of the race walking chapter of the USATF coach's manual. Soon after he produced a two-part video by the same name. While this package served as a springboard for his current book/video/DVD series, Salvage's recent products represent a wider synthesis of cumulative knowledge delivered with his expert flair for photography, computer graphics, and expository writing. Today Salvage teaches computer science at Drexel University while pursuing numerous consulting, writing, and creative projects. His additional interests include kayaking and trekking, and his international travel photos recently appeared in What Digital Camera magazine.
- Author(s)Jeff Salvage
- Date of Publication05/12/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width198 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.