All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRace and Culture: Tools, Techniques and Trainings is a practical resource for trainers who wish to work with the issues raised by racial and cultural diversity in their own agency settings. It is intended as an easy guide and a hands-on tool for practitioners (family therapists, clinical psychologists, social workers, GPs, nurses, health visitors, counsellors, teachers, etc), academics, educators and students.It brings together contributions from professional trainers working in multiple and diverse settings. It is aimed both at those who would like to initiate training on diversity in their agency contexts or those who wish to include the important dimensions of race and culture into their existing trainings.This book emerged directly from training developed by Reenee Singh and Sumita Dutta for professionals working with refugees in their own communities, at the Centre for Cross Cultural Studies at the Institute of Family Therapy.
- Author BiographySumita Dutta (MSysPsych) is a systemic psychotherapist and supervisor. She is the Chair for graduate courses in Systemic Psychotherapy at the Institute of Family Therapy. Sumita works at a London child and adolescent mental health service, and at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust. She has published a number of papers on training and supervision. Reenee Singh (DSysPsych) is a consultant systemic psychotherapist and research specialist at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust. She is the co-organizing tutor of the Masters in Systemic Psychotherapy. Reenee was the Founding Director of the Centre for Cross-Cultural Studies at the Institute of Family Therapy. She is the Associate Editor of Qualitative Research for the 'Journal of Family Therapy' and has written and published extensively in the areas of culture, training, and family therapy.
- Author(s)Reenee Singh,Sumita Dutta
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication22/09/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Systemic Thinking and Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content Notediagrams, figures
- Weight318 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.95Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.