Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionRace and ethnicity have shaped the social, cultural and political character of much of the world, and remain an important influence on contemporary life in the 21st Century. Race and Ethnicity: The Basics is an accessible introduction to these potent forces. Topics covered include: * The forms and dynamics of racial and ethnic relations * The dynamics of inequality * The relationship between prejudice and discrimination * Ethnic conflict * Models of inclusion Including plenty of examples, chapter summaries and a glossary, this book is an essential read for all those interested in the contested field of race and ethnicity.
- Author BiographyPeter Kivisto is Richard Swanson Professor of Social Thought at Augustana College and Finland Distinguished Professor at the University of Turku. He is the editor of Intersecting Inequalities: Class, Race, Sex and Sexualities and Incorporating Diversity: Rethinking Assimilation in a Multicultural Age and author of Multiculturalism in Global Society among many other publications. Paul R. Croll is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Augustana College. His articles have appeared in Social Forces, Social Problems, and The American Sociologist.
- Author(s)Paul R. Croll,Peter Kivisto
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.