Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionFor over ten years, Race and Ethnicity in Latin America has been an essential text for students studying the region. This second edition adds new material and brings the analysis up to date. Race and ethnic identities are increasingly salient in Latin America. Peter Wade examines changing perspectives on Black and Indian populations in the region, tracing similarities and differences in the way these peoples have been seen by academics and national elites. Race and ethnicity as analytical concepts are re-examined in order to assess their usefulness. This book should be the first port of call for anthropologists and sociologists studying identity in Latin America.
- Author BiographyPeter Wade is a Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Manchester. He is the author of Race and Sex in Latin America (Pluto, 2009) and Race, Nature and Culture (Pluto, 2002).
- Author(s)Peter Wade
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAnthropology, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight358 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.