All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 15 original essays in Race and Racism in Continental Philosophy explore the resources that continental philosophy brings to debates about contemporary race theory and investigate the racism of some of Europe's most important thinkers. Attention is devoted to the influence of the work of W. E. B. Du Bois, Jean-Paul Sartre, Richard Wright, and Frantz Fan. Questions about race in European philosophy-especially in the work of Nietzsche, Heidegger, Levi-Strauss, and Arendt-are also considered. This volume provides an indispensable critical introduction to new perspectives on thinking about race and racism.
- Author BiographyRobert Bernasconi is Moss Professor of Philosophy at the University of Memphis. He is author of two books on Heidegger and numerous articles on continental philosophy, political philosophy, and race theory. He is the editor of Race and co-editor (with Tommy Lott) of The Idea of Race. His books with Indiana University Press include Re-reading Levinas and Emmanuel Levinas: Basic Philosophical Writings. Sybol Cook is a Provost's Distinguished Pre-Doctoral Fellow at the University of Memphis.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2003
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 index
- Weight658 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRobert Bernasconi,Sybol Cook
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.