All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology draws bold comparisons between secularist strategies to contain, privatize, and discipline religion and the treatment of racialized subjects by the American state. Specializing in history, literature, anthropology, theology, religious studies, and political theory, contributors expose secularism's prohibitive practices in all facets of American society and suggest opportunities for change.
- Author BiographyJonathon S. Kahn is associate professor of religion at Vassar College. He is the author of Divine Discontent: The Religious Imagination of W. E. B. Du Bois. Vincent W. Lloyd is assistant professor of religion at Syracuse University. His books include The Problem with Grace: Reconfiguring Political Theology and the edited volume Race and Political Theology.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleReligion, Culture and Public Life
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note13 b&w photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJonathon S. Kahn,Vincent W. Lloyd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.