All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRacialized Correctional Governance examines problems in the relationship between crimilogy and racialized issues. It questions current models for discussing issues of race in criminal justice systems and asks why a comprehensive theory of race and criminal justice has yet to develop in the discipline. It takes into account the full nature of problems facing racialized peoples in criminal justice systems, the developments and tensions in crimilogical theory and practice, as well as the scope of racialized criminal justice issues and where they occur. Suggesting that current explanations for the over-representation of racialized peoples in the criminal justice system are inadequate, the book explores the mutual constructions of race and criminal justice. It examines the shortcomings of current discourse, giving an account of how race, criminal justice and crimilogy are interrelated. Aiming to provide crimilogy with tools to engage with issues of race and criminal justice, the book develops and applies a set of rules to a series of case studies and proposes ideas for transforming institutional practice.
- Author BiographyClaire Spivakovsky has worked in the academic, community and government sectors developing a range of social justice projects. She currently works at Monash University, Australia as a Lecturer in Criminology.
- Author(s)Claire Spivakovsky
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleAdvances in Criminology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight502 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor David Nelken
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.