All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in Racialized Politics of Desire in Personal Ads explore complex intersections among the social categories of race, gender and sexuality within personal ads, revealing a dynamic tapestry of power relations and hierarchies. The ephemeral nature of personal ads, their anymity, the space limitations, and the linguistic encoding characteristic of the genre make it an interesting and important opportunity to witness the performative nature of identity politics.
- Author BiographyMaureen Daly Goggin is professor of rhetoric and Neal A. Lester is professor of English, both at Arizona State University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/12/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDr. Maureen Daly Goggin,Neal A. Lester
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.