All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionRacially Equitable Teaching is a call to action for early childhood professionals dedicated to closing the achievement gap. Using a critical race theory lens, the book presents outcomes that exist among current professional development paradigms, ideology and public education, specifically looking at how racial ideologies are used as tools to maintain the over-empowerment and privileging of Whites. Beyond theory, Racially Equitable Teaching provides practical classroom applications for teachers and administrators in an effort to move towards racial authenticity, racial balance, and positive racial in-group messaging, challenging the current reproduction of White racial hegemony in United States public schools.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Mary E. Earick received her Ph.D. in language, literacy, and sociocultural studies from the University of New Mexico. Currently she is Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of South Carolina.
- Author(s)Mary E. Earick
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRethinking Childhood
- Series Part/Volume Number43
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight260 g
- Width600 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.