All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe decade between 1960 and 1970 saw British racing singles reach the peak of their decelopment, a decade in which exciting racing unfolded at circuits across the land every weekend, and the decade of Bob McIntyre, Derek Minter, Mike Hailwood, Phil Read, Bill Ivy and Peter Williams. This book documents the period from the introduction of the G50 Matchless, up to the advent of the Yamaha TR2, and the birth of the two-stroke era - a period of immense change. Britain during the 1960s wasn't only a nation of pop music and fashion; it was a decade crammed with the most competitive racing in the history of motorcycle sport. Racing Line tells this story - the ridres, the machines, the drama and the the excitement.
- Author BiographyThe sight and sound of an MV-mounted John Surtees in action, at Silverstone in the late '50s, set Bob Guntrip on course for a lifetime spent on and around motorcycles. A career in journalism led to stints on bike magazines in the UK and Australia, firing the passion still further, and, despite later wanderings into cricket, rugby and science writing, it seemed inevitable that Bob would one day return to his first love. The result is this, his first book, documenting the excitement of the 1960s, one of the most dramatic decades in the history of British motorcycle sport.
- Author(s)Bob Guntrip
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note70
- Weight748 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.