Radar Hydrology: Principles, Models, and Applications by Jonathan J. Gourley, Yang Hong (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $182.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $326.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRadar Hydrology: Principles, Models, and Applications provides graduate students, operational forecasters, and researchers with a theoretical framework and practical kwledge of radar precipitation estimation. The only text on the market solely devoted to radar hydrology, this comprehensive reference: * Begins with a brief introduction to radar * Focuses on the processing of radar data to arrive at accurate estimates of rainfall * Addresses advanced radar sensing principles and applications * Covers radar techlogies for observing each component of the hydrologic cycle * Examines state-of-the-art hydrologic models and their inputs, parameters, state variables, calibration procedures, and outputs * Discusses contemporary approaches in data assimilation * Concludes with methods, case studies, and prediction system design * Includes downloadable MATLAB(R) content Flooding is the #1 weather-related natural disaster worldwide. Radar Hydrology: Principles, Models, and Applications aids in understanding the physical systems and detection tools, as well as designing prediction systems.
- Author BiographyYang Hong is a professor of hydrometeorology and remote sensing in the School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences, adjunct faculty member with the School of Meteorology, co-director of the WaTER Center, faculty member with the Advanced Radar Research Center, and affiliated member of the Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms at the University of Oklahoma. Dr. Hong also directs the HyDROS Lab at the National Weather Center. Previously, he was a research scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and postdoctoral researcher at University of California, Irvine. He holds a BS and MS from Peking (Beijing) University, China and Ph.D from the University of Arizona. Jonathan J. Gourley is a research hydrologist with the NOAA/National Severe Storms Laboratory and affiliate associate professor with the School of Meteorology at the University of Oklahoma. His research interests include hydrologic prediction across scales ranging from water resources management to early warning of extreme events. Dr. Gourley was the principal inventor of a multisensor rainfall algorithm that was expanded to encompass all radars in North America and deployed to several foreign countries for operational use. He also assembled a comprehensive database that is being used to develop FLASH-a real-time flash flood forecasting system. He holds a BS, MS, and Ph.D from the University of Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Jonathan J. Gourley,Yang Hong
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, 13 colour illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.47New
- AU $7.52Used
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.