Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionDiode Pumped Alkali Lasers (DPAL) have been scaled to greater than 100 W and exhibit slope efficiencies exceeding 80 percent, offering application for tactical laser weapons. The hybrid DPAL system combines efficient diode pumping with the good beam quality and thermal characteristics of gas lasers. Thermal effects on alkali concentration have been observed to degrade performance, while low speed flowing systems are in development. However, spatial gradients in temperature and concentrations have t previously been observed. In the present work, a 0.8 W/ cm2 pump laser at the D1 frequency heats the medium in a T=50-100C Cs heat pipe with 5 Torr nitrogen used for quenching. A 31 W/cm22 diode laser probes the spectral absorbance of the Cs cell on the D2 transition with radial spatial resolution.
- Author(s)Charles D Fox
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight145 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.