All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe author takes the vel approach of introducing the whole range of energies possessed by particles and electromagnetic waves at the beginning of the text, thus integrating coverage of ionising and nionising radiation rather than considering them as two separate disciplines. He goes on to cover the entire spectrum of radiation sources, including radionuclides, x-ray machines, accelerators, nuclear reactors, power lines, microwave towers, and cellular phones. With its expanded coverage, including a broader focus on public health issues, this volume serves as a training and reference resource, t only for research scientists, physicians, and engineers, but for regulatory officials, attorneys, engineers, and environmental health and safety professionals.
- Author BiographyJacob Shapiro is former Director of the university Radiation protection Program and Senior Scientist in the Environmental Health and Safety Office, Harvard University. He is also Lecturer on Biophysics in Environmental Health at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Author(s)Jacob Shapiro
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2002
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note3 halftones, 93 line illustrations, 81 tables
- Weight1566 g
- Width203 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.