Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionRadical Orthodoxy? A Catholic Enquiry is essential reading for anyone seeking to understand 'Radical Orthodoxy', or be in critical dialogue with it. John Milbank, Catherine Pickstock and Graham Ward, the three principal exponents of Radical Orthodoxy, each enter into dialogue with theologians from the Catholic tradition - a tradition with whose sources and current researches Radical Orthodoxy claims to have much in common. The Introduction explores the issues and tensions involved in Radical Orthodoxy's dialogue with Catholic theology, and David Burrell offers an important evaluation of Radical Orthodoxy in the context of North America. In the first dialogue John Milbank presents one of the clearest expositions of the Radical Orthodoxy programme to date; Fergus Kerr's reply discusses this programme in the wider context of post-war Catholic debate. Catherine Pickstock explores the work of Aquinas to show how Radical Orthodoxy is appropriating the work of past theological giants, and in reply Laurence Hemming asks what questions remain in that process. Graham Ward, Oliver Davies and Lucy Gardner debate the challenges facing contemporary theology, both from the past and the postmodern present. James Hanvey's provocative conclusion opens the way to future debate. Challenging, yet accessibly written, this book represents an important milestone in the critical reception of Radical Orthodoxy. Shedding new light on contemporary issues and current theological enquiry, this book offers important insights to students of theology and those training for ministry, clergy and informed lay people, and everyone who wants to make sense of one of the most demanding yet important debates currently taking place.
- Author BiographyLaurence Paul Hemming, Heythrop College, University of London, UK Contributors: Laurence Paul Hemming, David B. Burrell CSC, John Milbank, Fergus Kerr OP, Catherine Pickstock, Graham Ward, Oliver Davies, Lucy Gardner, James Hanvey SJ.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2000
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleHeythrop Studies in Contemporary Philosophy, Religion & Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight304 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRevd Dr Laurence Paul Hemming
- Series Edited byRevd Dr Laurence Paul Hemming
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.