All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book draws on the lessons from one of the most intensive periods of educational reform in any country during recent times. The post-1997 English experience, under a New Labour government, is used to illustrate the opportunities and challenges associated with attempting to develop a world class education system. Such reforms are fiercely contested - and often polarized - with proponents stressing the opportunities created, while others reveal the erosion of professional values. Contributions from UK and overseas researchers, including Andy Hargreaves and John Smyth, reflect on the implications for those concerned with developing education systems across the globe. Focusing on the challenges of radical reform in key areas - including variation in educational achievement; accountability and standards; linking school and community policies; workforce reform and choice and diversity - the book includes chapters on: Accountability for School Improvement Workforce-modelling and Distributed Leadership Multi-agency Work and Children's Services The Education and Poverty Link Personalised Learning Initial Teacher Education Drawing on the framework developed by New Labour to assess the approaches to and outcomes of interventions and the extent to which policies can deliver promised transformations - but going much deeper and wider than this - the authors present a critical account of reform by studying examples of policies, and conceptualizing the interplay between policy, practice and research. With contributions from leading international commentators, this book will be of interest to researchers in education, education policy and school leadership.
- Author BiographyDr Christopher Chapman is a Reader in Educational Leadership and School Improvement in the School of Education at the University of Manchester. Professor Helen Gunter is Chair of Educational Policy, Leadership and Management in the School of Education at the University of Manchester.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight410 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristopher Chapman,Helen Gunter
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.