All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together artistic expressions that take place onbodies of water, this book connects contemporary creativeexplorations at sea with works by Land, Environmental andConceptual artists. Among the artists included are Atelier VanLieshout, Ant Farm, Chris Burden, Michael Combs, Mark Dion,Buckminster Fuller, Marie Lorenz, Robert Smithson, SimonStarling and Swoon. Featured projects tackle subjects asdiverse as freedom from the law of the land, Utopian impulses,and seaborne laboratories and studios. Three contributedessays make crucial connections between projects, expoundingon the larger idea of water as a frontier to be explored and avaluable resource that is at once dangerous and life-affirming.
- Author BiographyANDREA GROVER is the Century Arts Foundation Curator of SpecialProjects at the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill, New York.
- Author(s)Andrea Grover
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note127 Illustrations, including 114 in colour
- Weight1542 g
- Width270 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.